Monday, March 13, 2017

This is the House that Faith Built


Things are really coming along with the house.  I enjoy driving by (at least) daily and noting the progress.  I was excited to see the siding go up last week, and now the stone and soon brick.

But there was something that I wanted to be sure to do before the drywall was installed. I wanted a piece of us to be a part of the contruction of the house, so one night last week, we snuck in and wrote our names on the wall studs and slipped family photos and a copy of the Family Proclamation into the insulation!

 

It was just a silly thing, but it was our silly thing, and it was fun to do as a family.  This move has made it really hard to do our regular adventures in gospel learning at home, but I'm looking forward to resuming that in our new house...and building a house built on faith in Jesus Christ!  With his help and hard work...we will!

In what ways have you tried to make faith and the gospel and cornerstone of your home?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to have faith and family physically built into your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your excitement...since I'm a grandparent now, I'll answer your question from that viewpoint as it relates to my family-my children and grand children. Trying to keep my home as a spiritual oasis for them to come and visit, plus reaching out through Internet-facebook and blogging plus emails to connect and share spiritual thoughts is important to me.

    ReplyDelete