Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Princess Party Crowns

Pin It

Everyone is helping with this whirlwind princess party that we are having tomorrow for Scarlett's birthday.  Guy sewed the yellow crown and Scarlett sewed the purple one.

My computer cord isn't charging anymore, so I'm without my laptop until I get a new cord.

But I just wanted to give you a little preview of what's to come...

Here's how I made these


PRINCESS PARTY CROWNS:

1.  Print the crown templates found here.

2.  Trace onto poster board and cut out.

3.  Spray one side of crown with spray adhesive and adhere to wrong side of fabric.  Let dry for one hour.  (It should be "permanent" at this point.)

4.  Trim fabric and sew around edges to secure.  (I had to go the extra step!)

5.  Measure child's head and attach self-adhering velcro to crowns to fit accordingly.


We are all excited, especially this little girl!


And what is this?  Wouldn't you like to know...Stay tuned...

Click here to see how the princess party went!






Photobucket
Tip Junkie handmade projects

19 comments:

  1. sounds like fun surprises in store...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess party crowns are cool.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait to see all the creative stuff you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with a princess party!! Love the crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a fun party time. The tutorial for the hats is awesome. The model for the hat is priceless.
    Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pinata, it's a pinata!!!
    Love those crowns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really marvelous! Thank you for posting all of that! Four of our family's six birthdays fall within a 3 week period from the end of May through the middle of June. (the other two are in July/August) That makes birthday season just a bit stressful for me. I've wanted to just have one great big party for all of us at once this year, but didn't have a theme. Your princess party gave me ideas that I can adapt for adults and older children both, we'll have a Renaissance Party. Thank you VERY much! I'm now excited for our party next month. And, I have to get working!

    FYI - our family discussion when we reached the end of the book of Ether/forgiveness/humility went VERY well. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those crowns are adorable!! Thanks for linking @'Sew Cute Tuesday'! I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! I'll be featuring them on my blog in a couple of weeks (June 2nd!)

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are just super cute! How fun! Great job!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Thanks for sharing!

    I would LOVE if you would link up your project to our {{What I Made Wednesday}} Linky Party! We're also hosting a giveaway, so don't forget to sign up! :)

    I'm also your newest follower. We would LOVE a follow back if you love our blog too!

    Briana @ Sweet Peas & Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are darling!! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these. Thank you so much for posting. I'm getting ready to make these in a few minutes. Did you cut out the strips seperetely or did you sew them onto the main crown or did you hook the whole thing as paper and then make the fabric part one continuous piece. please advise. Thanks. alysawhitlock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! I'm going to have to make these for my daughter.
    Homestyle Cooking Around The Worldhttp://homestyleworldcook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea!

    I featured this on my blog today:
    http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.ca/2012/05/things-i-like-thursday-29.html 

    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. The crowns are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am featuring your party crowns today at Cox's Corner! http://www.travisandjessicacox.com

    ReplyDelete